New Additions to the Orthodox Christian Information Center Web Site

  • pbarnesocic
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2009

      December 18/31, Martyr Sebastian at Rome and his companions: Martyrs Nicostratus, Zoe, Castorius, Tranquillinus, Marcellinus, Mark, Claudius, Symphorian, Victorinus, Tiburtius, and Castulus (287).

      • John the Blessed, a special story by Photios Kontoglou for the Civil New Year and Feast of St. Basil. Translated by Archbishop Chrysostomos of Etna, who noted elsewhere: "The story, whatever the time of year, is a charming statement about those who, so rare in today's world, sense the presence of God, live simply in concord with the world as He created it, and show that joy which comes from a wholly natural and simple way of life." If you enjoy this story you should also read the short stories of Alexandros Papadiamandis: The Boundless Garden.
    • pbarnesocic
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
        Dear Friends of the OCIC,

        Warm greetings in Christ! Today I have posted a big update. If you have read Mr. Shingledecker's book or otherwise care to post a review of it on Amazon, please do so.

        In Christ,

        Patrick Barnes