Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Variable in classes; GTK

  • Remi VANICAT
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 13, 2003
      Stalkern 2 <stalkern2@...> writes:

      > Il Thursday 13 February 2003 18:42, Remi VANICAT ha scritto:
      >> First, don't forget that if an application have any interested, it
      >> have a big probability to evolved. SO a class created in it is not a
      >> "use once and destroy" class, since one will use it again in the
      >> modified software.
      >>
      >> The fact is that lablgtk application contain several object that are
      >> in relation with one another, and I consider it good style to put them
      >> all in a specialized "container" object. Then it's simpler to
      >> initialize all those widget before putting them here.
      >
      > My point is a paedagogic one. My first purpose is that Flavio and
      > whoever else (including me) can start: to start, I think that things
      > would rather be made clear at the beginning.

      Well, in this case, it seem that Flavio wanted to put every thing in a
      container class. As it seem good style for me (and not so difficult),
      I stayed to his first paradigm.

      > For the rest, and in general, I think that your help is precious,
      > even when you ask the beginners to strive more than it would be
      > necessary. By the way, I'm wondering whether the success of OOP for
      > graphical interfaces is the limited set of reactions that an object
      > can issue when it gets a message (a call).

      The fact is that object seem natural to GUI. And also that a lot of
      people try to make GUI with object that they have find good way to do
      it.

      --
      RĂ©mi Vanicat
      vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr