Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: multiplying large numbers very quickly

  • William D. Neumann
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Conrad Hughes wrote:

      > How about using a radix-10000 bignum implementation (10^8<2^31, ditto
      > 4*10^8 --- good for Karatsuba...)?

      I don't suppose you have one lying around...

      BTW: in case anyone cares GMP provides an approximate 15x speedup,
      dropping my test time from ~75 seconds to ~5 seconds.

      William D. Neumann

      ---

      "There's just so many extra children, we could just feed the
      children to these tigers. We don't need them, we're not doing
      anything with them.

      Tigers are noble and sleek; children are loud and messy."

      -- Neko Case

      Life is unfair. Kill yourself or get over it.
      -- Black Box Recorder