compilation errors difficult to interpret for newbies

  • Francois Colonna
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      Hello,

      I am collecting examples of pieces of codes leading to
      compilation errors difficult to interpret for newbies.

      If you have experienced such difficulties could you please send me :
      the erroneous code, the error message and the corrected code.

      Thanks
      Fran├žois Colonna
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:53:41AM +0100, Francois Colonna wrote:
        > I am collecting examples of pieces of codes leading to
        > compilation errors difficult to interpret for newbies.
        >
        > If you have experienced such difficulties could you please send me :
        > the erroneous code, the error message and the corrected code.

        Martin Jambon has been collecting such a list here:
        http://www.ocaml-tutorial.org/common_error_messages

        Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
        Internet Marketing and AdWords courses - http://merjis.com/courses - NEW!
        Merjis blog - http://blog.merjis.com - NEW!
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
          .. and the official FAQ is worth looking at too:

          http://caml.inria.fr/resources/doc/faq/index.en.html
          http://caml.inria.fr/pub/old_caml_site/FAQ/FAQ_EXPERT-eng.html