Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: Generate the combinations of K distinct objects chosen from an N-element list

  • Radu Grigore
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 14, 2006
      --- roparzhhemon <roparzhhemon@...> wrote:

      > If I understood the original question correctly, the point was to
      > create a "polymorphic"
      > function that works as well, say, on ["a";"b";"c";"d"] as on
      > [1;2;3;4]. This is why the
      > *list* l (and not just its length n) is an argument in my function.

      I did not understand the question that way, but it is a minor
      difference.

      In case it was not clear, my point was that 1 and l, as 0 and O look
      very similar when rendered with certain fonts that are common for
      source code editing. So it is a bad idea to use them as variable
      names if you aim for readability.

      PS:
      let cons h t = h::t;;
      let rec comb es k = match (es, k) with
      | ([], 0) -> [[]]
      | ([], _) -> []
      | (h::t, _) ->
      List.rev_append
      (List.map (cons h) (comb t (k-1)))
      (comb t k);;

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • MOHAMED TEYEB
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 15, 2006
        hi,
        Plz i want a solution (quickly)...
        first do you speak french??
        if you does you will find the subject of the project in the files added
        else do you have any idea about mini-interpreter of basic in ocaml ??
        else
        you can go in this url
        http://f.loulergue.free.fr/teaching/2007/l2-ocaml/devoir_de_programmation_2006-2007.tar.gz and you will find the mini-interpreter of basic in ocaml with many function incomplet
        if ou can help me and finish some or all this functions....
        think you and by
        Radu Grigore <radugrigore@...> a écrit :
        --- roparzhhemon <roparzhhemon@...> wrote:

        > If I understood the original question correctly, the point was to
        > create a "polymorphic"
        > function that works as well, say, on ["a";"b";"c";"d"] as on
        > [1;2;3;4]. This is why the
        > *list* l (and not just its length n) is an argument in my function.

        I did not understand the question that way, but it is a minor
        difference.

        In case it was not clear, my point was that 1 and l, as 0 and O look
        very similar when rendered with certain fonts that are common for
        source code editing. So it is a bad idea to use them as variable
        names if you aim for readability.

        PS:
        let cons h t = h::t;;
        let rec comb es k = match (es, k) with
        | ([], 0) -> [[]]
        | ([], _) -> []
        | (h::t, _) ->
        List.rev_append
        (List.map (cons h) (comb t (k-1)))
        (comb t k);;

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com

      • Lee Render
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 15, 2006
          I don't think it's appropriate you're requesting
          others to complete an assignment for you in a public
          forum.

          I've cc'ed your your Professor

          http://www.connettivo.net/cntprojects/ocaml_beginners/
          > The archives of the very official ocaml list (the
          > seniors' one) can be found at http://caml.inria.fr
          > Attachments are banned and you're asked to be
          > polite, avoid flames etc.
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > mailto:ocaml_beginners-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          "Work hard; increase production; prevent accidents, and be happy."
          - thx1138

          Sponsored Link

          $200,000 mortgage for $660/ mo -
          30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt -
          http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com
        • Stalkern 2
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2006
            MOHAMED TEYEB wrote:
            > hi,
            > Plz i want a solution (quickly)...
            > first do you speak french??
            > if you does you will find the subject of the project in the files added
            > else do you have any idea about mini-interpreter of basic in ocaml ??

            I've not followed your URL, but yes, I have an "idea":
            http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/oreilly-book/html/book-ora058.html

            Or go for page 155 of the hardcopy in French.

            Ernesto
          • Radu Grigore
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 15, 2006
              --- Lee Render <id2359@...> wrote:
              > I don't think it's appropriate you're requesting
              > others to complete an assignment for you in a public
              > forum.

              I believe it's inappropriate to ask a question that shows no effort
              to solve it yourself even in a private forum.

              Sponsored Link

              Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
              $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
              www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
            • MOHAMED TEYEB
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 15, 2006
                ok all right
                i am sorry ...but i does't meany complete an assignment for me : i search any buddy can help me to finish my assignment...

              • Jon Harrop
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 15, 2006
                  On Wednesday 15 November 2006 16:02, Radu Grigore wrote:
                  > --- Lee Render <id2359@...> wrote:
                  > > I don't think it's appropriate you're requesting
                  > > others to complete an assignment for you in a public
                  > > forum.
                  >
                  > I believe it's inappropriate to ask a question that shows no effort
                  > to solve it yourself even in a private forum.

                  If you guys could go ahead and make some kickass products for me (quickly),
                  that'd be great.

                  Objective CAML for Scientists