Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: ocaml powered website

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2005
      On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 10:14:11PM +0100, code17 wrote:
      > Thanks for the survey and suggestion, quite informative. It seems that
      > numerous libraries have been provided with pros, cons, applicable scope
      > of their own. Meanwhile, there is no much agreement shared among their
      > design and structure, nor do I see enough numbers of web applications
      > really written in OCaml. Maybe I'm wrong to say so for I still don't
      > know much about this field, in either case, I'm still willing to give a
      > try on OCaml for web application.

      This is roughly right. I would like to integrate the mod_caml CGI and
      cookie classes into the ocamlnet classes, but sheer lack of time and
      volume of existing code means this isn't going to happen in the near
      future. (See also Chris's reply). Expect a type-safe PostgreSQL
      layer before that happens.

      In the meantime, I started this page to act as a list of links to
      OCaml web options:

      http://wiki.cocan.org/web_programming_with_ocaml

      Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.