Highlights of OCaml program in emacs for Windows

  • Lecca Paola
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      I downloaded ocaml-mode-XYY.tar.gz, I installed it under Linux and I added
      the lines

      (setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.ml[iylp]?$" . caml-mode) auto-mode-alist))
      (autoload 'caml-mode "caml" "Major mode for editing Caml code." t)
      (autoload 'run-caml "inf-caml" "Run an inferior Caml process." t)

      (if window-system (require 'caml-font))

      to my .emacs file and everything went well.

      I followed the same procedure under Windows XP and nothing happened: emacs
      does not highlight the syntax of .ml programs.

      What is the problem?

      Thanks,
      Paola.
    • Kamil Shakirov
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
        hi,

        LP> I downloaded ocaml-mode-XYY.tar.gz, I installed it under Linux
        LP> and I added the lines

        LP> (setq auto-mode-alist
        LP> (cons '("\\.ml[iylp]?$" . caml-mode) auto-mode-alist))
        LP> (autoload 'caml-mode "caml" "Major mode for editing Caml code." t)
        LP> (autoload 'run-caml "inf-caml" "Run an inferior Caml process." t)
        LP> (if window-system (require 'caml-font))

        LP> to my .emacs file and everything went well.

        LP> I followed the same procedure under Windows XP and nothing
        LP> happened: emacs does not highlight the syntax of .ml programs.

        LP> What is the problem?

        What version of Emacs do you use under winXP? I use the latest GNU
        Emacs and ocaml as well as tuareg modes work fine. Just in case try
        tuareg-mode. It has more features than ocaml mode and highlights the
        ocaml code better.

        --
        Kamil