Missing time profile information

  • andrew cooke
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2004

      I've been using Ocaml for some time now, but have not tried profiling
      before (iirc). When I run my program after compiling with "ocamlopt -p" I
      get a gmon.out file, and if I run gprof I see some information.

      However, that information doesn't include any of my routines. Here it is:
      Each sample counts as 0.01 seconds.
      % cumulative self self total
      time seconds seconds calls Ts/call Ts/call name
      92.31 0.36 0.36 camlPervasives__entry
      2.56 0.37 0.01 camlPervasives__$5e_135
      2.56 0.38 0.01 caml_create_string
      2.56 0.39 0.01 minmax_table

      What do I need to do to get my own routines in there? As I said, I'm
      using the "-p" option.

      If it makes any difference, I'm using the cygwin compile on Win2k and the
      code is distributed across several directories and compiled with a tree of
      makefiles. I've checked what's printed to the screen during compilation
      and the "-p" seems to be there in every case.

      Thanks,
      Andrew

      --
      ` __ _ __ ___ ___| |_____ work web site: http://www.ctio.noao.edu/~andrew
      / _` / _/ _ \/ _ \ / / -_) personal web site: http://www.acooke.org/andrew
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2004
        Ah. I need to run the program for longer to get more sample hits. The
        sampling is apparently finer on Linux, for some reason.

        Andrew