Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: "future" ocaml features?

  • Rafael 'Dido' Sevilla
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
      On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 04:50:30PM -0000, vyvepe wrote:
      > Whether environment/language supports some type of remoting is
      > interesting too. Is there something for OCaml to do RMI easy. I'm not
      > sure about Java, but its quite easy in .Net.

      If you look in the Caml humps, there appear to be implementations for
      SOAP (http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml-soap/), XML-RPC
      (http://raevnos.pennmush.org/code/ocaml.html, and
      http://www.simula.no/~hans/ocaml/xmlrpc/xmlrpcserver.html), and the old
      Sun RPC protocol
      (http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/documentation/rpc/). As for
      Java, RMI has been built-in for as long as I can remember. There's a
      whole slew of java.rmi.* packages out there, and javax.rmi,
      javax.rmi.corba for RMI-IIOP, not to mention many implementations of
      SOAP and XML-RPC. A lot of people would actually argue that .NET is
      actually Microsoft's implementation of J2EE. :p