Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: MLast.ExUid

  • Stalkern 2
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 17, 2003
      Il Saturday 15 November 2003 05:27, romain_barret ha scritto:
      > #ocamlc -I +camlp4 -pp "camlp4o" zog_misc.ml -o zog_misc.cmo
      > Error while linking zog_misc.cmo: Reference to undefined global
      > `Zog_types'

      Specify the file to link explicitly; use:
      #ocamlc -I +camlp4 -pp "camlp4o" zog_types.cmo zog_misc.ml -o zog_misc.cmo

      for what concerns root: if you can't open something for a matter of
      permissions, the compiler tells you so. Now, that's not the case.

      Ernesto
    • romain_barret
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 28, 2003
        #ocamlc -I +camlp4 -pp "camlp4o" zog_types.cmo zog_misc.ml -o zog_misc.cmo

        gives me a message error "The file zog_types.cmo is not a bytecode
        object file"

        Can you help me ?

        Buzz

        --- In ocaml_beginners@yahoogroups.com, Stalkern 2 <stalkern2@t...> wrote:
        > Il Saturday 15 November 2003 05:27, romain_barret ha scritto:
        > > #ocamlc -I +camlp4 -pp "camlp4o" zog_misc.ml -o zog_misc.cmo
        > > Error while linking zog_misc.cmo: Reference to undefined global
        > > `Zog_types'
        >

        > Specify the file to link explicitly; use:
        > #ocamlc -I +camlp4 -pp "camlp4o" zog_types.cmo zog_misc.ml -o
        zog_misc.cmo

        > for what concerns root: if you can't open something for a matter of
        > permissions, the compiler tells you so. Now, that's not the case.
        >

        > Ernesto
      • Martin Jambon
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 28, 2003
          On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, romain_barret wrote:

          > #ocamlc -I +camlp4 -pp "camlp4o" zog_types.cmo zog_misc.ml -o zog_misc.cmo
          >
          > gives me a message error "The file zog_types.cmo is not a bytecode
          > object file"

          This may happen if zog_types.cmo has been compiled with a different
          version of OCaml.
          As far as I know, every library must be recompiled if you upgrade the
          OCaml compilers.

          Martin