Can ocamlfind report what it does?

  • Hendrik Boom
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2014
      On Fri, 02 May 2014 16:16:45 -0400, Sebastien Mondet wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > You should use ocamlfind.
      >
      > ocamlfind ocamlopt -package ... etc.
      >

      > Cheers Seb

      Yes, that works better.

      Is there a way to get ocamlfind to show me the command it ends up
      building and executing?

      -- hendrik
    • Gabriel Scherer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2014
        You can pass the -verbose option to ocamlfind (it's not available for
        all subcommands, see "man ocamlfind" for the details, but with works
        with "ocamlfind ocaml{c,opt}" at least). It will show you the
        compilation command finally used by ocamlfind, but also pass the
        -verbose option to the OCaml compiler, which will show the internal
        compilation and linking commands, if any.