RE: Problem with CAML

  • jejebrazorf
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15, 2013

      Thanks! I'll try then I'll post the code here

      --- In ocaml_beginners@yahoogroups.com, <philippe.veber@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      you can have a look at chapter 16 of "le langage caml" [1], which gives a good overview on deterministic automata with caml. The book is in french, but the code snippets are, well in caml :o).

      hope this helps,
      ph.

      [1] http://caml.inria.fr/distrib/books/llc.pdf

      2013/9/15 <jejebrazorf@...>

      Hi, I have a problem with the CAML language..I need to write a CAML prog ( not OCAML) that given three 3-letter words serch if the letters are present in the given words and in that case it will return true otherwise false. The program must use the deterministic automata.

      Do you have any idea? thanks

      Program without automa:

      let string_check c1 c2 string = (index_char string c1)>0 && (index_char string c2)>0;;

      let rec progCaml a b s_list =
        match s_list with
          [] -> false
        | x::xs -> try
                      (string_check a b x)
              with
                    Not_found -> progCaml a b xs;;

    • jejebrazorf
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 23, 2013

        I've been trying for days but I can't do a lot..anyone could help me with this prog?

        ps. the french book is good but maybe it's too difficoult

        2013/9/15 <jejebrazorf@...>

        Hi, I have a problem with the CAML language..I need to write a CAML prog ( not OCAML) that given three 3-letter words serch if the letters are present in the given words and in that case it will return true otherwise false. The program must use the deterministic automata.

        Do you have any idea? thanks

        Program without automa:

        let string_check c1 c2 string = (index_char string c1)>0 && (index_char string c2)>0;;

        let rec progCaml a b s_list =
          match s_list with
            [] -> false
          | x::xs -> try
                        (string_check a b x)
                with
                      Not_found -> progCaml a b xs;;

      • Chingfan Tsou
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 24, 2013
          Did you intend to implement a DFA with CAML? I happened to implement a simple one (but with OCaml) as an entry for practicing OCaml. https://github.com/ChingfanTsou/oc-regexp

          2013/9/15 <jejebrazorf@...>

          Hi, I have a problem with the CAML language..I need to write a CAML prog ( not OCAML) that given three 3-letter words serch if the letters are present in the given words and in that case it will return true otherwise false. The program must use the deterministic automata.

          Do you have any idea? thanks

          Program without automa:

          let string_check c1 c2 string = (index_char string c1)>0 && (index_char string c2)>0;;

          let rec progCaml a b s_list =
            match s_list with
              [] -> false
            | x::xs -> try
                          (string_check a b x)
                  with
                        Not_found -> progCaml a b xs;;

        • jejebrazorf
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 25, 2013

            Yes, I need to implement a DFA with CAML..the problem is in the first post

            2013/9/15 <jejebrazorf@...>

            Hi, I have a problem with the CAML language..I need to write a CAML prog ( not OCAML) that given three 3-letter words serch if the letters are present in the given words and in that case it will return true otherwise false. The program must use the deterministic automata.

            Do you have any idea? thanks

            Program without automa:

            let string_check c1 c2 string = (index_char string c1)>0 && (index_char string c2)>0;;

            let rec progCaml a b s_list =
              match s_list with
                [] -> false
              | x::xs -> try
                            (string_check a b x)
                    with
                          Not_found -> progCaml a b xs;;

          • Chingfan Tsou
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 25, 2013
              I really don't know the differences between CAML and OCaml, but have you check this out? Hopefully helpful http://swtch.com/~rsc/regexp/regexp1.html

              2013/9/15 <jejebrazorf@...>

              Hi, I have a problem with the CAML language..I need to write a CAML prog ( not OCAML) that given three 3-letter words serch if the letters are present in the given words and in that case it will return true otherwise false. The program must use the deterministic automata.

              Do you have any idea? thanks

              Program without automa:

              let string_check c1 c2 string = (index_char string c1)>0 && (index_char string c2)>0;;

              let rec progCaml a b s_list =
                match s_list with
                  [] -> false
                | x::xs -> try
                              (string_check a b x)
                      with
                            Not_found -> progCaml a b xs;;

            • jejebrazorf
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 25, 2013

                 Link doesn't work! :(

                2013/9/15 <jejebrazorf@...>

                Hi, I have a problem with the CAML language..I need to write a CAML prog ( not OCAML) that given three 3-letter words serch if the letters are present in the given words and in that case it will return true otherwise false. The program must use the deterministic automata.

                Do you have any idea? thanks

                Program without automa:

                let string_check c1 c2 string = (index_char string c1)>0 && (index_char string c2)>0;;

                let rec progCaml a b s_list =
                  match s_list with
                    [] -> false
                  | x::xs -> try
                                (string_check a b x)
                        with
                              Not_found -> progCaml a b xs;;

              • Chingfan Tsou
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 25, 2013
                  That's too bad. I don't know what happened. Try google this:    "Regular Expression Matching Can Be Simple And Fast". Good luck!

                   Link doesn't work! :(

                  2013/9/15 <jejebrazorf@...>

                  Hi, I have a problem with the CAML language..I need to write a CAML prog ( not OCAML) that given three 3-letter words serch if the letters are present in the given words and in that case it will return true otherwise false. The program must use the deterministic automata.

                  Do you have any idea? thanks

                  Program without automa:

                  let string_check c1 c2 string = (index_char string c1)>0 && (index_char string c2)>0;;

                  let rec progCaml a b s_list =
                    match s_list with
                      [] -> false
                    | x::xs -> try