Tutorial for building a OCaml language extension using Camlp4

  • Jason Yeo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2013
      Hi all,

      Just wondering if anyone can point me to a link or a tutorial to build
      a language extension for ocaml using camlp4?

      The tutorials that I have encountered are either outdated or the code
      examples don't work. :(

      Thanks,
      Jason
    • Esther Baruk
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2013

        Look at the Tutorials section of the OCaml website:
        http://ocaml.org/tutorials/index.html

        Cheers,

        Esther Baruk

        On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Jason Yeo <jasonyeo88@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Just wondering if anyone can point me to a link or a tutorial to build
        > a language extension for ocaml using camlp4?
        >
        > The tutorials that I have encountered are either outdated or the code
        > examples don't work. :(
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jason

      • Lukasz Stafiniak
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 12, 2013
          There is an extensive tutorial written by Jake Donham:
          http://ambassadortothecomputers.blogspot.com/p/reading-camlp4.html
          I tried to add it on Wikipedia but they don't accept blogger links.
          Someone should add it on the ocaml.org page linked below.

          On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Esther Baruk <esther.baruk@...>wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Look at the Tutorials section of the OCaml website:
          > http://ocaml.org/tutorials/index.html
          >
          > Cheers,
          >

          > Esther Baruk
          >

          > On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Jason Yeo <jasonyeo88@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > Just wondering if anyone can point me to a link or a tutorial to build
          > > a language extension for ocaml using camlp4?
          > >
          > > The tutorials that I have encountered are either outdated or the code
          > > examples don't work. :(
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Jason

        • Ashish Agarwal
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2013
            On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Lukasz Stafiniak <lukstafi@...>wrote:

            Someone should add it on the ocaml.org page linked below.

            Done. Will show up by tomorrow.