Re: Compilation of ocaml to cross-compile for android target

  • Bernie Discale
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2013
      Thank you Hendrick, now I understand better

      The projects you mention are indeed better success than what I've done so far. The app available for android addresses only caml interpretation, when I do need compilation (either in bytecode or, better, in native).

      Moreover I prefer a caml cross-compiler for android target, rather than a caml compiler hosted on an android platform. If this is too complicated, I will try to compile it on an android platform, but first I hope I can get it to cross-compile.

      Best regards

    • Hendrik Boom
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 28, 2013
        On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 02:18:33PM +0100, Bernie Discale wrote:
        > Thank you Hendrick, now I understand better
        >
        > The projects you mention are indeed better success than what I've done so far. The app available for android addresses only caml interpretation, when I do need compilation (either in bytecode or, better, in native).
        >
        > Moreover I prefer a caml cross-compiler for android target, rather than a caml compiler hosted on an android platform. If this is too complicated, I will try to compile it on an android platform, but first I hope I can get it to cross-compile.

        But isn't that what my first link,
        https://sites.google.com/site/keigoattic/ocaml-on-android, provides?
        Or have I missed something? I admit, haven't tried it, not having set
        up the Android Development Kit yet. But that page does make it seem to
        be a cross-compiler.

        -- hendrik
      • Bernie Discale
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
          Damn you are right!

          I missed the last paragraph about the native code compiler, and as soon as I saw the above example, I deduced it was only to build on android!

          I will try this this evening, it seems that the hole process of bootstrapping is handled manually, but that's correct.

          Thank you

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2013
            Ok I made it following the page of keigoi
            Now the next step : compiling unison for android

            Thank you Hendricks for your precious advice