Linking problem on OCaml 4.00.0 through OPAM

  • Johan Mazel
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
      Hi
      I used camlidl to create OCaml bindings to a C library.
      I am using a Debian testing with OCaml 3.12.1 installed. I also have
      OCaml 4.00.0 installed through OPAM.
      The compilation works perfectly with Debian issued packages (with my
      bindings compiled with 3.12.1).

      But I get an error when I try to use 4.00.0. The error message is the
      following one: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcamlidl".
      I installed camlidl through OPAM.
      Am I supposed to give more info to ocamlbuild ? Like the camlidl lib's
      path or my bindings' path.

      Thanks for your time.
      Johan
    • Philippe Veber
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2013
        Hi Johan,

        I tried to compile an old library of mine using camlidl (I also use OPAM
        with the 4.00.1 compiler). I had to add a CCopt option in the _oasis file
        to indicate the location of camlidlruntime.h, but otherwise it worked fine.
        Maybe you can have a try using an _oasis generated compilation?

        ph.