Problem with specifying package with OASIS

  • Johan Mazel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2012
      Hi
      I am trying to compile a tool with OASIS instead of ocamlbuild.

      My _oasis file looks like this:
      OASISFormat: 0.2
      Name: XML_Analyzer
      Version: 0.1
      Synopsis: Something is happening.
      Authors: Me.
      License: GPL
      BuildTools: ocamlbuild

      Executable XML_Analyzer
      MainIs: xml_analyzer.ml
      CompiledObject: best
      BuildDepends: threads,batteries,core,core_extended,lacaml,str,xml-light,gsl

      I am getting an "Error: Unbound module Batteries". This is caused by
      the fact that the compilation does not include a "-package
      core,core_extended,..." flag for ocamlfind.

      However, if I add "true:
      package(core,core_extended,batteries,lacaml,str,xml-light,gsl),
      thread" in the _tags file the compilation is fine.
      In this case, the "-package" flag is present.

      I think that my _oasis file is wrongly setup but I cannot find the problem.
      Thanks for your time.
      Regards.
      Johan Mazel
    • Sylvain Le Gall
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2012
        Are you really using oasis 0.2 ?

        If it is not the case, try to use oasisformat: 0.3 at the beginning.

        Send me setup.ml, _tags and myocamlbuild.ml.

        Regards
        Sylvain