AW: [Caml-list] Two questions about lex/yacc and lablgtk/gl

  • Gerd Stolpmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2012
      Am 05.08.2012 14:06:41 schrieb(en) Nicolas FRANCOIS:
      > Hi.
      >
      > I'd like to create a 3D dynamic geometry application. I developped
      > DrGeoCaml a few years ago, but it's now quite old, and my Caml
      > practice
      > is a bit rusty. So a few questions to start on the right tracks :
      >
      > 1) I'd like to create a parser, with the help of ocamllex/yacc, but
      > I don't find the help pages very instructive. Is there a good
      > tutorial like "Ocamllex for complete numbs" ?

      I don't know of any such tutorial, but you can also watch out for a lex
      tutorial (i.e. for C), because the matching algorithm is exactly the
      same. The syntax is of course different, but I guess this is the easier
      part, and extractable from the manual (or sample code).

      Regarding ocamlyacc, consider to use Menhir instead. It includes a mode
      where grammar conflicts are explained by example, and in my experience
      this is the difficult part of developing a grammar. And it has macros,
      and other convenience features.

      Gerd

      > 2) I'd like to use lablgtk for the graphic interface, and lablgl for
      > the 3D visualization. It's mentionned in lablgtk documentation that
      > this can be done, but once again, i didn't find much help. Any clue ?
      >
      > Thanks for any tip.
      >
      > \bye
      >
      > --
      >
      > Nicolas FRANCOIS | /\
      > http://nicolas.francois.free.fr | |__|
      > X--/\\
      > We are the Micro$oft. _\_V
      > Resistance is futile.
      > You will be assimilated. darthvader penguin

      Gerd Stolpmann, Darmstadt, Germany gerd@...
      Creator of GODI and camlcity.org.
      Contact details: http://www.camlcity.org/contact.html
      Company homepage: http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de
    • oliver
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2012
        Hello,

        On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 02:06:41PM +0200, Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
        > Hi.
        >
        > I'd like to create a 3D dynamic geometry application. I developped
        > DrGeoCaml a few years ago, but it's now quite old, and my Caml practice
        > is a bit rusty. So a few questions to start on the right tracks :
        >
        > 1) I'd like to create a parser, with the help of ocamllex/yacc, but
        > I don't find the help pages very instructive. Is there a good
        > tutorial like "Ocamllex for complete numbs" ?
        [...]

        Ocamllex-Tutorial:
        http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/ocamllex-ocamlyacc/ocamllex-tutorial/

        Ocamlyacc-Tutoprial:
        http://plus.kaist.ac.kr/~shoh/ocaml/ocamllex-ocamlyacc/ocamlyacc-tutorial/

        Ciao,
        Oliver
      • Nicolas FRANCOIS
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2012
          Thank you everyone for your kind help.

          Clearly, everyone subscribes to both the mailing lists, so any will
          do :-)

          I'll contact you later for more help.

          \bye

          PS : The Ocamllex/yacc tutorials are great, but I can't get the pdf
          versions.