Static analysis for OCaml

  • Johan Mazel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29 2:46 PM
      Hi
      I am looking for a tool to perform static analysis (an especially
      useless code detection) on OCaml code.
      I already found pfff and Oug.
      The former only has a preliminary support for OCaml and is, for
      example, not able to find useless code.
      The latter, Oug has more functionalities, but looks harder to set up
      for a big project (but maybe I didn't try hard enough). I found an Oug
      makefile inside a Github project
      (https://github.com/maximedenes/native-coq/blob/master/dev/Makefile.oug)
      but I am having a hard time trying to understand how it works.
      Please tell me if you know any other tool that can do the job.
      Regards.
      Johan
    • Esther Baruk
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2012

        Maybe you should try asking on caml-list@...

        Regards,

        Esther Baruk

        On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Johan Mazel <johan.mazel@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi
        > I am looking for a tool to perform static analysis (an especially
        > useless code detection) on OCaml code.
        > I already found pfff and Oug.
        > The former only has a preliminary support for OCaml and is, for
        > example, not able to find useless code.
        > The latter, Oug has more functionalities, but looks harder to set up
        > for a big project (but maybe I didn't try hard enough). I found an Oug
        > makefile inside a Github project
        > (https://github.com/maximedenes/native-coq/blob/master/dev/Makefile.oug)
        > but I am having a hard time trying to understand how it works.
        > Please tell me if you know any other tool that can do the job.
        > Regards.
        > Johan

      • Nicolas Braud-Santoni
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2012
          Seconded.
          Also, you should try looking into binary annotations and the API
          exposed by the compiler.

          Regards,

          Nicolas Braud-Santoni

          2012/8/6 Esther Baruk <esther.baruk@...>:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Maybe you should try asking on caml-list@...
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Esther Baruk
        • Brian Hurt
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2012
            I recommend using the static analyzer built into ocamlc. Especially
            warning F, S, U, Y, and Z. Or just A (my preferred setting).