Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Type question

  • Stalkern 2
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2003
      Il Saturday 06 September 2003 16:29, Johann Spies ha scritto:

      > <tt>
      > I am wasting my time now and I just don't see it:<BR>
      > <BR>
      > Task:  I want to parse a datafile containing lines like this:<BR>
      > <BR>
      > Course|Description|Designer|Email|Phone<BR>
      > 20966244|"Verpleegkunde 244 / Nursing 244 "|"ME
      > BESTER"|aaeb2@...;sddvdw@...|938-9472;938-9229<BR> <BR>
      > The "Email" field can contain one or more email addresses.
      > I want to<BR> use the username part of the email addresses to query a
      > database and<BR> get particulars about the user of each email address that
      > is not<BR> available in this file.<BR>
      > <BR>
      > <BR>
      > <BR>
      > let hanteer_eposse eposse =  (* this function will eventually handle

      Just an idea:
      maybe if you write with english-like identifiers, the ocamlers with
      mother-tongues different that yours would understand your purposes quicker.
      So for instance, you could write "workoutOneReal" instead of "verwerkeenreel",
      etc.

      Cheers
      Ernesto
    • Johann Spies
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2003
        On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 05:12:29PM -0700, Karl Zilles wrote:
        > Without looking too deeply into your problem:
        >

        > kurshuskode and eposse are the same type becasue they're in the same list.

        Thanks Karl. I did not see it.

        Regards
        Johann

        --
        Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

        "Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to
        stand against the wiles of the devil."
        Ephesians 6:11
      • Johann Spies
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2003
          On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 03:07:03PM +0200, Stalkern 2 wrote:

          > Just an idea:
          > maybe if you write with english-like identifiers, the ocamlers with
          > mother-tongues different that yours would understand your purposes
          > quicker. So for instance, you could write "workoutOneReal" instead
          > of "verwerkeenreel", etc.

          My apologies. I will try and be more considerate in the future. Thank
          you for your trouble to read my email.

          Regards
          Johann