Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] IDE support to browse third-party code

  • Boris Hollas
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
      On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 13:33 +0100, Gabriel Scherer wrote:

      > This is the kind of things Jun Furuse's [OcamlSpotter] is intended
      > for. Unfortunately, it is distributed as a patch to the official
      > compiler, so it is difficult to install and deploy (feel free to ask
      > more question about this)
      > [OcamlSpotter] http://jun.furuse.info/hacks/ocamlspotter

      yes, that's the tool I'm looking for. However, installing it, along with
      installing all needed header-files, may be more work that the solution
      proposed by Virgile and I'd rather leave my working Ocaml installation
      untouched.
      --
      Best regards,
      Boris

    • Gabriel Scherer
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
        > Also, I'd like to see the types directly in Emacs - so I need to
        > recompile with -annot. How do i do this with Frama-C? I guess I'll have
        > to modify something in configure.in or the Makefile.

        I'm no Frama-C expert but I suppose
        FLAGS="-annot" make
        would work (without reconfiguration)

        On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Boris Hollas
        <hollas@...-dresden.de> wrote:
        > Hello Virgile,
        >
        > yes, the Frama-C API-documentation saves a lot of work.
        > Also, I'd like to see the types directly in Emacs - so I need to
        > recompile with -annot. How do i do this with Frama-C? I guess I'll have
        > to modify something in configure.in or the Makefile.
        >
        > Do you use OCamlSpotter or a similar tool for another IDE at CEA?
        > --
        > Best regards,
        > Boris

      • Francois Berenger
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
          Do you use otags to generate a TAGS file?

          For me it fills the purpose of jumping to definitions of things
          within Emacs.

          Also I have -annot during compilation to enable seeing type
          in Emacs when needed.

          Regards,
          F.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2011
            On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 10:09 +0900, Francois Berenger wrote:

            > Do you use otags to generate a TAGS file?

            I just installed it but otags reports syntax errors and Emacs claims
            TAGS is not a valid tags table.
            --
            Best regards,
            Boris