Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] ocamlyacc help

  • Jeff Massung
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2011
      Sorry, I should clarify this some. If I clean everything and make from
      scratch, everything builds fine. If I modify something (like deleting the
      .ml or .mli file generated by ocamlyacc) and make again, then I get the
      error below.

      Jeff M.

      On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Jeff Massung <massung@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > So, I have a situation where I have a base type being used by both the
      > whole
      > program and the parser (a lexeme type). So, in my .mly file I have the
      > following:
      >
      > %{
      > open Types
      > %}
      >
      > %type <Types.lexeme> program
      > %start program
      >
      > The problem is, when I got to compile, I get an error in the MLI file
      > generated, saying that Types.lexeme is an unbound type constructor. The
      > "open Types" didn't get put into the parser.ml file either (which I
      > expected
      > to happen).

    • Chantal KELLER
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2011
        Hello,

        Le 20/07/2011 19:15, Jeff Massung a écrit :
        > Sorry, I should clarify this some. If I clean everything and make from
        > scratch, everything builds fine. If I modify something (like deleting the
        > .ml or .mli file generated by ocamlyacc) and make again, then I get the
        > error below.

        Then the problem comes from dependencies in your Makefile... Can you
        post it ?

        By the way, I recommand using OMake
        <http://omake.metaprl.org/index.html> to compile OCaml projects.
        --