Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Compilation problem with Str module and Janestreet's Core library

  • Ashish Agarwal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2011
      Core should not depend on Batteries. You just need to include the str
      library at link time.

      On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Johan Mazel <johan.mazel@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi
      > I cannot manage to use functions and types from Core modules (eg Core_list)
      > and Str module from the standard library.
      > It produces the following error message:
      > Error: No implementations provided for the following modules:
      > Str referenced from main.cmx
      >
      > If I want to do so, I need to also add batteries to the PACKS field in the
      > Makefile:
      > PACKS = core => PACKS = core batteries.
      >
      > I joined a short example to this mail
      >
      > Thanks in advance for your time.
      > Regards.
      > Johan Mazel

    • Johan Mazel
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        Thanks a lot, it's working.

        I did not know that I had to consider str as soemthing to link at
        compialtion time.
        Regards.
        Johan Mazel

        2011/7/1 Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975@...>

        > Core should not depend on Batteries. You just need to include the str
        > library at link time.
        >

        > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Johan Mazel <johan.mazel@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi
        > > I cannot manage to use functions and types from Core modules (eg
        > Core_list)
        > > and Str module from the standard library.
        > > It produces the following error message:
        > > Error: No implementations provided for the following modules:
        > > Str referenced from main.cmx
        > >
        > > If I want to do so, I need to also add batteries to the PACKS field in
        > the
        > > Makefile:
        > > PACKS = core => PACKS = core batteries.
        > >
        > > I joined a short example to this mail
        > >
        > > Thanks in advance for your time.
        > > Regards.
        > > Johan Mazel

      • Ashish Agarwal
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
          Although str is part of the standard distribution, it is not part of the
          standard library. Thus, it still has to be linked explicitly.