Re: wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil

  • Wheeler Ruml
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
      > When loading ocaml file to Emacs 21.2, I often get the error message
      > like this.
      >
      > Error: '(wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)'
      >
      > Does anybody have a similar experience?

      For what it's worth, I use XEmacs 21.4 and tuareg ocaml mode 1.40.4
      (without sym-lock) and don't get any error messages. I don't recall
      any problems back when I used GNU emacs 21 either. I think tuareg
      uses font-lock mode rather than hilite mode (which seems to be causing
      your error).

      Are you using the emacs mode that comes in the OCaml distribution?

      Wheeler
      --
      Wheeler Ruml, Palo Alto Research Center, Rm 1522, 650-812-4329 voice
      ruml@..., http://www.parc.com/ruml 650-812-4334 fax
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
        From: Wheeler Ruml <ruml@...>
        Subject: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil
        Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:52:22 PDT

        > Are you using the emacs mode that comes in the OCaml distribution?

        Yes. Last time I checked (one or two years before), tuareg had
        problems (displaying funny symbols here and there) with mule.

        --
        Yamagata Yoriyuki