"unless the -s option is in effect"

  • oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2011
      Hello,

      what is the -s option?
      I did not find it in the manpage or help-message from
      ocamlc
      ocamlopt
      ocamlyacc
      ocamllex

      I found it in the section "12.4.2 Declarations" from the Ocaml 3.11
      manuals, regarding ocamlyacc:

      "%type < typexpr > symbol ... symbol
      Specify the type of the semantic attributes for the given symbols. This
      is mandatory for start symbols only. Other nonterminal symbols need not
      be given types by hand: these types will be inferred when running the
      output files through the Objective Caml compiler (unless the -s option is
      in effect). The typexpr part is an arbitrary Caml type expression, except
      that all type constructor names must be fully qualified, as explained
      above for %token."

      Is the documentation not up to date or where does this undicumented
      -s option come from? Is the documentation ok but the option undocumented?

      Ciao,
      Oliver