ocamlrun having trouble finding dlls on GODI install

  • Erick Matsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2010
      Hello there folks---

      I've recently switched to GODI and like it a lot. However, I seem to
      be having trouble getting ocamlrun to find dlls, and I don't seem to
      remember having such a problem before.

      I can compile and run bytecode just fine.

      However, when I use ocamlrun explicitly as in

      ocamlrun my.byte

      I get:

      Fatal error: unknown C primitive `unix_dup'

      After looking around I noticed that one can use ocamlrun -p to diagnose
      these sorts of problems, but I don't seem able to get it to do what I
      want:

      matsen@squirrel pwd
      /home/matsen/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib/stublibs
      matsen@squirrel ls
      /home/matsen/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib/stublibs
      dllbigarray.so dllnums.so dllstr.so dllthreads.so dllunix.so dllvmthreads.so
      matsen@squirrel strings dllunix.so | grep unix_dup
      /home/matsen/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib/stublibs
      unix_dup
      unix_dup2
      matsen@squirrel ocamlrun -I . -p | grep unix
      matsen@squirrel