Standalone toplevel

  • Nick Name
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      This is my first post, so "Hi, All!"

      I am developing a project wich uses threads, lablgl and lablglut.
      Sometimes I need to code on another machine, where I can't install
      glut-devel and in general don't have lablgl and lablglut.

      Is it possible to create a custom toplevel wich is both statically
      linked and stand-alone? I mean that it should run my .ml files without
      looking for other ocaml files on the system. I've tried with this
      command:

      ocamlmktop -thread -custom -o a.out -cclib -static -I \
      /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/lablgl -I /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/lablglut unix.cma \
      threads.cma lablgl.cma lablglut.cma -cclib -lXi

      but it complains about not finding Pervasives.cmi, and anyway I would
      have to take all lablgl and lablglut mli's with it. Is there a way to
      have just the toplevel around? It would be also nice to be able to
      distribute such a beast with a compiled-in library, as a scripting
      environment with the power of ocaml.

      Thanks for attention

      Vincenzo

      --
      Ho dato al mio dolore la forma di parole abusate
      che mi prometto di non pronunciare mai piĆ¹