Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: cache that is based upon == comparison

  • Martin Jambon
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hi tenuc70,

      I totally agree that I should not hire myself. I once thought about doing
      that, but I realized that the interview process would be very difficult. I
      can still imagine doing a phone interview, by borrowing the cell phone of my
      neighbor in addition to mine, and speaking in one phone while listening to the
      other. Plus my neighbor has one of these cool smartphones and I've always
      wanted to borrow it. He says it has an app that allows him to talk while he
      is in the shower and it makes me really jealous.

      Could I borrow your smartphone? I promise I won't make the shower too hot so
      it won't turn into mush.

      Also, feel free to complain when the people who read the OCaml beginners
      mailing-list don't reply quick enough, if at all (!). If find it unacceptable
      since (1) they obviously have nothing else to do. They are all French
      academics and we all know that they're spending their three summer months on
      vacation instead of improving their buggy software. Some of them even listen
      to music, but not in the shower otherwise they would turn into mush. And (2)
      it's your right to expect quality service because this is what quality people
      deserve.

      Martin

      --
      http://mjambon.com/
    • vincent
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1 12:25 AM
        Hi Martin,

        I think the word "myself" was not refering to you but to him. By the way, I think both of you can stop your childish behaviour. This won't make anything better. Though I can understand that messages like "ocaml is dying" can piss people off on this list. On the other hand we have to admit that tenuc70 only got a reaction after this provocative message... :)

        Please now focus on ocaml,
        cheers
        Vincent