problem installing Calendar library

  • Ashish Agarwal
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2010
      I installed OCaml using godi by first setting the environment variable
      CC='gcc -m64'. This appears to still be required if one wants to get the
      64bit version of OCaml on a Mac. Other libraries I subsequently installed
      compile fine, but I get the following error when trying to install the
      Calendar library. I tried through godi and compiling manually. When
      compiling manually, I changed the Makefile to use -cc gcc -ccopt -m64, but
      this had no affect. Is it a problem in Calendar's build script or my system?

      mkdir -p target
      ocamlfind ocamlopt -I src -I target -I tests -noassert -pack -o
      target/calendarLib.cmx \
      src/period.cmi src/date_sig.cmi src/time_sig.cmi src/calendar_sig.cmi
      src/utils.cmx src/time_Zone.cmx src/time.cmx src/ftime.cmx src/date.cmx
      src/calendar_builder.cmx src/calendar.cmx src/fcalendar.cmx src/printer.cmx
      src/version.cmx
      ocamlfind ocamlopt -I src -I target -I tests -noassert -a -o
      target/calendarLib.cmxa target/calendarLib.cmx
      ocamlfind ocamlopt -I target -shared -linkall -o target/calendarLib.cmxs
      target/calendarLib.cmxa
      ld: codegen problem, can't use rel32 to external symbol in
      _camlCalendarLib__Utils__equal_89 from target/calendarLib.a(calendarLib.o)
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      File "caml_startup", line 1, characters 0-1:
      Error: Error during linking

      Thank you.