Bigarray not available on MinGW native Win32 port?

  • Alessandro
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 3:59 AM
      Hello,

      I got an error message from ocamlc/ocamlpot when I try to use the module Bigarray (and Unix too).

      ocamlc:
      Reference to undefined global `Bigarray'

      ocamlopt:
      Error: No implementations provided for the following modules:
      Bigarray referenced from ......

      I am using the official release "MinGW-based native Win32 port (3.11.0)" self-installer.

      Are these modules available only for Unix/Linux/Cygwin ?

      Best Regards

      Alessandro
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 5:10 AM
        On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:59:44AM -0000, Alessandro wrote:
        > Are these modules available only for Unix/Linux/Cygwin ?

        This page seems to suggest you have to add bigarray and
        recompile OCaml:

        http://cocan.org/ocaml_mingw_port

        Richard Jones
        Red Hat
      • Adrien
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31 5:22 AM
          That only applies to ./configure'ing and compiling ocaml by yourself.
          I'd rather bet on not using the proper command-line.

          Alessandro, how do you compile ? Do you add unix.cma and bigarray.cma
          (or unix.cmxa and bigarray.cmxa when using ocamlopt instead of ocamlc)
          to the compilation command-line ?

          Like
          ocamlopt unix.cmxa test.ml

          ---

          Adrien Nader

          On 31/05/2009, Richard Jones <rich@...> wrote:
          > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:59:44AM -0000, Alessandro wrote:
          >> Are these modules available only for Unix/Linux/Cygwin ?
          >
          > This page seems to suggest you have to add bigarray and
          > recompile OCaml:
          >
          > http://cocan.org/ocaml_mingw_port
          >
          > Rich.
          >
          > --
          > Richard Jones
          > Red Hat

        • Alessandro
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31 7:33 AM
            Hi Adrien,

            you were perfectly right (!)
            I added the .cmxa/.cma files to command line and that solved the issue.

            I have to read a little more the compilers details then...,

            I simply thought that that modules could be used in the same way than the other ones I previously used (List, Array.. ).

            Thank you very much.

            Cheers