Ocamlodbc

  • Nikos Polyzotis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2003
      Has anybody installed ocamlodbc on win32?
      I get this message when I `ocaml ocamlodbc.cma`:
      "The external function `itere_execDB_c' is not available"

      I think I have my libs and enviromental variables set up fine.I also
      get a "different assumptions over interface Ocamlodbc" when I ( try
      to)natively compile a test file. Strangely enough I don't get the
      message when I make a bytecode file.
    • awolfing
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2003
        --- Nikos Polyzotis <npoly_iki@...> wrote:
        > Has anybody installed ocamlodbc on win32?
        > I get this message when I `ocaml ocamlodbc.cma`:
        > "The external function `itere_execDB_c' is not
        > available"
        >
        > I think I have my libs and enviromental variables
        > set up fine.I also
        > get a "different assumptions over interface
        > Ocamlodbc" when I ( try
        > to)natively compile a test file. Strangely enough I
        > don't get the
        > message when I make a bytecode file.

        what's your enviroment?vc mingw cygwin ?

        i meet the same problem when i use
        vc+ocaml3.06+ocamodbc2.5
        so i change to mingw+ocaml3.06+ocamlodbc2.5
        and i compile the ocamlodbc2.5 not the
        INSTALL_WIN32.BAT.
        I USE LIKE THIS:

        mkdir mingw
        cp libodbc32.lib mingw
        gcc -c -DWIN32 -mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields
        ocaml_odbc_c.c -I c:/fcj/ocamlmgw/lib/caml
        ar rc libocamlodbc.a ocaml_odbc_c.o
        cp libocamlodbc.a mingw

        ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
        ocamlodbc.mli
        cp ocamlodbc.cmi mingw

        ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
        ocaml_odbc.ml
        cp ocaml_odbc.cmo mingw

        ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
        ocamlodbc.ml
        cp ocamlodbc.cmo mingw

        ocamlopt.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
        ocaml_odbc.ml
        cp ocaml_odbc.cmx mingw

        ocamlopt.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
        ocamlodbc.ml
        cp ocamlodbc.cmx mingw

        ar rc ocamlodbc.a ocaml_odbc.o ocamlodbc.o
        cp ocamlodbc.a mingw

        ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -a
        -linkall -custom -o ocamlodbc.cma -cclib -locamlodbc
        -cclib -lodbc32 ocaml_odbc.cmo ocamlodbc.cmo
        cp ocamlodbc.cma mingw

        ocamlopt.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -a
        -linkall -o ocamlodbc.cmxa -cclib -locamlodbc -cclib
        -lodbc32 ocaml_odbc.cmx ocamlodbc.cmx
        cp ocamlodbc.cmxa mingw

        and it can work with ocamlc or ocamlopt.
        but it can not work with ocaml ocamlodbc.cma

        why?

        did anyone support the ocamlodbc (new features)or
        oracle ...on win32?
        i need the database interface,now i just use
        ocamlodbc2.5,but it is too old and simple.

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Nikos Polyzotis
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2003
          --- In ocaml_beginners@yahoogroups.com, awolfing <awolfing@y...>
          wrote:

          > --- Nikos Polyzotis <npoly_iki@y...> wrote:
          > > Has anybody installed ocamlodbc on win32?
          > > I get this message when I `ocaml ocamlodbc.cma`:
          > > "The external function `itere_execDB_c' is not
          > > available"
          > >
          > > I think I have my libs and enviromental variables
          > > set up fine.I also
          > > get a "different assumptions over interface
          > > Ocamlodbc" when I ( try
          > > to)natively compile a test file. Strangely enough I
          > > don't get the
          > > message when I make a bytecode file.
          > >
          > what's your enviroment?vc mingw cygwin ?
          >
          > i meet the same problem when i use
          > vc+ocaml3.06+ocamodbc2.5
          > so i change to mingw+ocaml3.06+ocamlodbc2.5
          > and i compile the ocamlodbc2.5 not the
          > INSTALL_WIN32.BAT.
          > I USE LIKE THIS:
          >
          > mkdir mingw
          > cp libodbc32.lib mingw
          > gcc -c -DWIN32 -mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields
          > ocaml_odbc_c.c -I c:/fcj/ocamlmgw/lib/caml
          > ar rc libocamlodbc.a ocaml_odbc_c.o
          > cp libocamlodbc.a mingw
          >
          > ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
          > ocamlodbc.mli
          > cp ocamlodbc.cmi mingw
          >
          > ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
          > ocaml_odbc.ml
          > cp ocaml_odbc.cmo mingw
          >
          > ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
          > ocamlodbc.ml
          > cp ocamlodbc.cmo mingw
          >
          > ocamlopt.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
          > ocaml_odbc.ml
          > cp ocaml_odbc.cmx mingw
          >
          > ocamlopt.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -c
          > ocamlodbc.ml
          > cp ocamlodbc.cmx mingw
          >
          > ar rc ocamlodbc.a ocaml_odbc.o ocamlodbc.o
          > cp ocamlodbc.a mingw
          >
          > ocamlc.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -a
          > -linkall -custom -o ocamlodbc.cma -cclib -locamlodbc
          > -cclib -lodbc32 ocaml_odbc.cmo ocamlodbc.cmo
          > cp ocamlodbc.cma mingw
          >
          > ocamlopt.opt -ccopt "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" -a
          > -linkall -o ocamlodbc.cmxa -cclib -locamlodbc -cclib
          > -lodbc32 ocaml_odbc.cmx ocamlodbc.cmx
          > cp ocamlodbc.cmxa mingw
          >
          > and it can work with ocamlc or ocamlopt.
          > but it can not work with ocaml ocamlodbc.cma
          >
          > why?
          >
          > did anyone support the ocamlodbc (new features)or
          > oracle ...on win32?
          > i need the database interface,now i just use
          > ocamlodbc2.5,but it is too old and simple.

          > http://calendar.yahoo.com

          I am using the vc port and although I had installed a mingw ( and a
          cygwin ..) at some point in the past I almost refuse to install it
          again! I have an ocaml version installed I want IT to work!
          I like ocaml very much but it when it comes down to simple things
          (accessing a db) I am a bit frustrated with the win32 version.

          What the hell I 'll probably install the mingw...
          By the way ocamlodbc gives me an error if I try to retrieve blob
          fields.