#load-ing in emacs

  • citromatik
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008

      When I run ocaml within emacs I am not able to #load properly (my own)
      object files (*.cmo).
      For example:

      # #load "/path/to/myfile.cmo";;
      # Myfile.myfun;;
      Characters 0-16:
      Myfile.myfun;;
      ^^^^^^^^^^
      Unbound value Myfile.myfun

      This doesn't happen with modules that comes with the ocaml distribution:

      # #load "/path/to/str.cma";;
      # Str.regexp;;
      - : string -> Str.regexp = <fun>
      #

      Strangely enough, this issue only happens when ocaml is ran under emacs,
      when running the toplevel in the shell, the #load directive works as (I)
      expected.

      $ ocaml
      Objective Caml version 3.10.1

      # #load "/path/to/myfile.cmo";;
      # Myfile.myfun;;
      - : Lexing.lexbuf -> Token.token = <fun>
      #

      Does anybody knows what is happening and how can I solve it?

      Thank you very much in advance,

      M;