9591Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Ocaml and Python (was: Writing to many files)

  • Johann Spies
    Apr 4, 2008
      On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 09:41:20AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:

      > OCaml-CSV, which as I said you should be using instead of attempting
      > to parse CSV files yourself, uses an imperative state machine so it
      > should be reasonably fast.

      I know about OCaml-CSV and have used it in another program. In this
      case, however, I am only interested in the second field on each line.
      So I thought that it will be faster to use Scanf to scan the string
      just up to the second field than to use OCaml-CSV that will parse the whole
      line and create a list from it.

      I might as well experiment with OCaml-CSV in this case.

      Regards
      Johann
      --
      Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

      "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is
      stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."
      Isaiah 26:3
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic