8751Should I 'open List'?

  • Michael Feathers
    Oct 3, 2007
      I understand that it's poor practice to open modules, and that we're
      better off using explicit qualification, but I was wondering whether
      there are any disadvantages to opening List in a module? Do experienced
      Ocamlers do this?

      I do open Printf and it seems that there's nothing there that would
      clash with anything. Some of the names in List are things I can imagine
      clashing.. names like 'length', but on the other hand, it feels weird to
      use explicit qualification for something as elemental as lists in a
      functional language.

      What is accepted practice on this?

      Michael
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic