6675Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] managing multiple pipes and forks

    Oct 1, 2006
      On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 07:22:46PM -0000, jshaw10 wrote:
      > I've been reading the online ocaml book and I have some interest in
      > parallel programming sections. My goal is to learn to use fork and
      > sockets to make multiple parallel threads, and perhaps do something
      > with server/client networking. For now I'm just trying to learn how to
      > handle multiple client threads in parallel with a server thread, with
      > 2-way communication between each.

      Have you tried looking at using threads and the Event module? If you
      grab the Adwords Toolkit from
      http://merjis.com/developers/adwords_toolkit and look at the file
      adwords_mt.ml you'll see an example of worker threads being created,
      controlled by a single thread which sends out commands using the Event
      module.

      Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
      Internet Marketing and AdWords courses - http://merjis.com/courses - NEW!
      Merjis blog - http://blog.merjis.com - NEW!