2748Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Re: 'ocaml_beginners'::[] Execution semantics

  • Nicolas Cannasse
    Nov 5, 2004
      > Thanks... that's the example I needed to fit this in my head.
      >
      > I'm still slightly bothered by the fragility with which '_a is
      > introduced or not.

      It's easy.
      You get monorphic variables every time you having polymorphic variables on
      the right side of a let x = ... expression . That means for values and not
      for functions. And in some cases the compiler can relieve the monorphics and
      turn them polymorphics, in some hard coded special cases known to be
      secure - such as simple assignations - at least I think.

      Nicolas Cannasse
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic