2621Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Output directory ?

  • Andrei Formiga
    Sep 2, 2004
      On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:43:54 +0100, Richard Jones <rich@...> wrote:

      > However, you probably ought to be using a Makefile and some standard
      > rules, meaning that you will be compiling each file separately anyway.
      > For reference here are the standard rules I always use:
      >
      > %.cmi: %.mli
      > $(OCAMLC) $(OCAMLCFLAGS) -c $<
      >
      > %.cmo: %.ml
      > $(OCAMLC) $(OCAMLCFLAGS) -c $<
      >
      > %.cmx: %.ml
      > $(OCAMLOPT) $(OCAMLOPTFLAGS) -c $<
      >
      > .SUFFIXES: .ml .mli .cmi .cmo .cmx

      Yes, I would use a makefile, but that's for a tool and it shouldn't
      depend on GNU make. I'm thinking about the alternatives, I'll probably
      end up compiling each file separately anyway, although it's slower.

      --
      []s, Andrei de A. Formiga
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic