214module abbreviations in .mli files?

  • bwv211mail
    Apr 1, 2002
      Is there a way to get module abbreviations in .mli files?

      In my .ml files, I frequently do something like this:

      module Foo = Really_long_verbose_module_name
      type t = Foo.t list

      But then in the .mli file, I'm forced to use:

      type t = Really_long_verbose_module_name.t list

      This is really painful when these types are used everywhere. I know I
      can do the following in the .mli file:

      type foo_t = Really_long_verbose_module_name.t

      But what I really want is just a shorthand for the module itself.

      Thanks for any assistance.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic