14049Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] opam usage

  • Sebastien Mondet
    May 2 1:16 PM

      Hi

      You should use ocamlfind.

      ocamlfind ocamlopt -package ... etc.

      Cheers
      Seb

      On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@...> wrote:
      I had a program (called wander) that compiled nicely using a copy of
      glMLite that I had compiled myself from source.

      But now that I've found opam, i decided to get glMLite through opam
      instead.

      I hid the existing library by movingn it away from /usr/lib/ocaml/glMLite,
      and then did
              opam instell glMLite
      The istallation seemed to go smoothly.

      But now when I try to compile wander, using the same old command line,
      I get
      hendrik@notlookedfor:~/dv/fun/wander$ make wander
      ocamlopt -I +glMLite GL.cmxa Glu.cmxa Glut.cmxa jpeg_loader.cmxa
      png_loader.cmxa svg_loader.cmxa genimg_loader.cmxa unix.cmxa wander.ml -o
      wander
      File "wander.ml", line 1, characters 0-7:
      Error: Unbound module GL
      make: *** [wander] Error 2
      hendrik@notlookedfor:~/dv/fun/wander$

      Evidently ocamlopt doesn't know how to find the newly installed library,
      which (I checked) is indeed present in
              /home/hendrik/.opam/system/lib/glMLite

      Evidently something has to change.  What?

      -- hendrik

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: