13988Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Data structure to big to be marshalled

  • Francois Berenger
    Dec 12, 2013
      On 12/13/2013 12:24 PM, Johan Mazel wrote:
      > Hi
      > I am trying to marshal and write a data structure with Marshal.output_value.
      > Unfortunately, I get this error: "Fatal error: exception
      > Failure("output_value: object too big")".
      > This seems to mean that my OCaml data structure is too big to be
      > marshaled in the first place because it exceeds the max size to be
      > stored in header:
      > http://caml.inria.fr/svn/ocaml/branches/record-disambiguation/byterun/extern.c.
      >
      > Is there any canonical way to bypass this size limitation ?
      > Or do I just have have to "manually" split my data structure, marshal
      > the splits, unmarshal the splits and merge them ?

      Maybe you can have a look at biniou from Martin Jambon:

      http://mjambon.com/biniou.html

      Once your data structure is described, biniou will generate
      automatically the {un}marshalling code for you.

      binprot from janestreet does this also, maybe in an even more automatic
      way, but I never used it.

      I know I don't really exactly answer your initial question, sorry.

      --
      Best regards,
      Francois Berenger.