13981Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] using opam ?

  • Ashish Agarwal
    Nov 6, 2013
      On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Vu Ngoc San <san.vu-ngoc@...> wrote:

      in fact : `ocamlfind ocamlc -where` gives
      /usr/lib/ocaml

      Something is still wrong then. It should give you a path under your .opam directory. Try running this command:

      eval `opam config env`

      and then see if the output of `ocamlfind ocamlc -where` changes. Then make sure you're running this command in your login scripts.

      Le 06/11/2013 20:08, rixed@... a écrit :

      -[ Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 05:44:01PM +0100, Vu Ngoc San ]----

      > The stupid thing is that I don't know how to do 2). The packages seem to
      > be installed in
      > $HOME/.opam/system/lib, whereas I have a preexisting ocaml install (ubuntu).
      > Do it mean that I need to include this DIR in my Makefile ?

      You should use ocamlfind (opam install ocamlfind).
      Then, supposed your PATH includes your opam switch bindir
      (which it should), then:

      ocamlfind ocamlc -where

      should point toward your opam switch libdir.
      At this point, compiling using ocamlfind boils down to:

      ocamlfind ocamlopt -package lib1,lib2,lib3 ...other-options... -c module.ml

      where lib1 etc are the name registered in the META files (usually the same as
      the opam package name)

      Since OcamlMakefile already uses ocamlfind (apparently for libraries specified
      by the PACKS parameter) I guess everything should runs all right.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic