13979Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] using opam ?

  • Vu Ngoc San
    Nov 6, 2013
      Le 06/11/2013 20:08, rixed@... a écrit :

      -[ Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 05:44:01PM +0100, Vu Ngoc San ]----
      > The stupid thing is that I don't know how to do 2). The packages seem to
      > be installed in
      > $HOME/.opam/system/lib, whereas I have a preexisting ocaml install (ubuntu).
      > Do it mean that I need to include this DIR in my Makefile ?

      You should use ocamlfind (opam install ocamlfind).
      Then, supposed your PATH includes your opam switch bindir

      ah, yes indeed, opam added some config to my .bashrc and my path starts with "$HOME/.opam/system/bin:"

      (which it should), then:

      ocamlfind ocamlc -where

      hmm, doesn't work, so this is the problem, I guess:
      $ which ocamlfind
      /home/san/.opam/system/bin/ocamlfind
      $ ocamlfind ocamlc -where
      /usr/lib/ocaml

      should point toward your opam switch libdir.
      At this point, compiling using ocamlfind boils down to:

      ocamlfind ocamlopt -package lib1,lib2,lib3 ...other-options... -c module.ml

      where lib1 etc are the name registered in the META files (usually the same as
      the opam package name)

      Since OcamlMakefile already uses ocamlfind (apparently for libraries specified
      by the PACKS parameter) I guess everything should runs all right.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic