Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] OASIS help: can't build project that depends on core

(13951)
  • Chingfan Tsou
    Sep 5, 2013 Expand Messages
      I just figured it may be useful if I learned how to use oasis. Sadly it turns out that it can be pretty challenge :(

      I tried with the command "ocamlbuild -lib expr.cmo autmt.native" just now but still got the same error. Was I doing this right?

      2013/9/5 Hongbo Zhang <hongboz@...>

      Hi,
         For toy projects, there's no need to use oasis.
         OCamlbuild would suffice

      On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Chingfan Tsou <caojingfan@...> wrote:

      Hi~again I ran into troubles with this little project and I was hoping anyone could help me out. Thanks in advance.

      Currently there are 3 files (described in the first mail) in this little project and one depends on the other like this:

      rep.cmo : expr.cmo autmt.cmo
      rep.cmx : expr.cmx autmt.cmx

      autmt.cmo : expr.cmo
      autmt.cmx : expr.cmx

      expr.ml doesn't have the kind of inside-project dependencies.

      The problem is expr.ml has internal modules like Expr.Table and is referenced in autmt.ml.I tried this command 'ocamlfind ocamlc -c -package core -thread expr.cmo -o autmt.cmo autmt.ml' but failed with

      File "autmt.ml", line 8, characters 17-34:
      Error: Unbound module Expr.Table

      So could anyone tell me what exactly should the build command be and what am I supposed to do with the _oasis file so that oasis can work properly? Thanks a lot!

      --
      -- Regards, Hongbo

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic