12887Re: "ocaml_beginners"::[] Monitor memory usgae from executing ocaml code

  • rixed@happyleptic.org
    Aug 2, 2011
      -[ Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 04:41:56PM +0200, r.schmitt@... ]----
      > On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 09:09:19 +0200
      > rixed@... wrote:
      > > IIRC from the runtime code, the main idea is to have all major heap
      > > values grouped together so that it's faster to tell if a value is in
      > > the major heap (thus must be traversed by the GC) by looking at its
      > > address (while a mere malloc would scatter objects here and there).
      >
      > I don't think, this is the reason, why so much additional space is requested.

      I was only replying about why ocaml runtime does not call malloc for every values,
      not why OP's program required so many memory.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic