      De: Jaques Bertrand <bertrandjaques@...>
      Objet: "ocaml_beginners"::[] using ocaml for large computation
      À: ocaml_beginners@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Dimanche 20 mars 2011, 9h17

      Bonjour mon ami,

      I am trying to write a tetration to a file and it is not going so well. The math is very simple, but my computing resources and skills are a bit lacking.

      18

      3

      2

      produces 70+ thousand digits and it is relatively a small number. When I tried this in Python, it works with standard library. In ocaml I get 'infinity'

      2. ** 262144. ;;

      (* -: float = infinity *)

      Is there a way to do this in OCaml?

      With kind regards,