Re: [oaxacastudyactiongroup] Re: Protests return to Oaxaca after teacher reportedly killed

  • Alan Goodin
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2009
      Many people in Oaxaca think Rebeca Romero actually was working for the PRI or if not directly, then like Fox News' "We Report, You decide" after telling you what THEY wanted you to hear. Alan

      "The ego is a self-justifying historian which seeks only that information that agrees with it, rewirtes history it needs to, and does not even see the evidence that threatens it." Anthony G. Greenwald

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
        Throughout Latin America the AP, which pared its foreign correspondent staff down to almost nothing but "desk reporters," relies primarily on government reports and re-routing local news. Romero's reports about Nov 25 2006 were blantantly erroneous--all the information she sent out came directly from URO's flaks. Except for special reports, when the agency sends a correspondence from the U.S. to do a special story, the AP "corespondents" essentially are clerks with enough technical ability to manipulate the transmissions. For all intents and purposes they're nameless.