Good price?

  • Brendan Reville
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
      hi all,

      Where can I find a good price on an Oasys? I can't find it stocked on an
      of the internet music retailers, and it's being sold for RRP ($2200) at my
      local store...
    • John Rule
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
        --- In oasys-pci@egroups.com, Brendan Reville <breville@i...>
        wrote:

        > hi all,
        >
        > Where can I find a good price on an Oasys? I can't find it
        stocked on an
        > of the internet music retailers, and it's being sold for RRP
        ($2200) at my
        > local store...

        Try Sweetwater Sound <www.sweetwater.com>. I got mine for
        less than $2,000.00.
        :-)

        JR
      • Doc West
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 2, 2000
          So now I'm actively searching for an Oasys-PCI to buy. Problem: I like tao
          buy locally from my favorite store, Computers & Music in San Francisco.
          That's where I bought my 1212 years ago. They are competent and they've
          never let me down.They say they're having difficulty getting orders from
          Korg.
          I really don't want to give my money to a couple of other large retailers I
          won't name here.
          Dan, I know this is NOT your department, but can can you steer me somewhere
          I can maybe help this situation. Every decent smaller store I know claims
          difficulty dealing with KorgUSA.
          Please feel free to forward this to anybody who might have use for it.
        • alan3003@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 3, 2000
            I just bought my at West LA music for less than 1600 using all my
            negotiation skills.
            I need low price because I gonna buy second oasys
            card! 1 in PC, 1 in Mac (for Synth kit)

            I like it VERY much.

            Great work Dan

            PS. Greetings Dan, i will email you my beta testing papers, hope you
            will accept me :)
          • Julio Echegaray
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 3, 2000
              wrote:

              > hi all,
              >
              > Where can I find a good price on an Oasys? I can't find it
              stocked on an
              > of the internet music retailers, and it's being sold for RRP
              ($2200) at my
              > local store...

              Might want to look at http://www.synthplanet.com as well.
            • Brendan Reville
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 3, 2000
                > > Where can I find a good price on an Oasys? I can't find it
                > stocked on an
                > > of the internet music retailers, and it's being sold for RRP
                > ($2200) at my
                > > local store...
                >
                > Might want to look at http://www.synthplanet.com as well.

                wow, awesome prices!
              • John Duesenberry
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 19, 2000
                  I saw one at the local Guitar center, sitting way up on the top shelf
                  without any price or other marking. Korg needs to kick the asses of
                  some of these retailers if this thing is going to fly commercially...

                • vstmac@hotmail.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 7, 2001
                    Dan !
                    Did you also ( or can you) test Oasys with DigiDesign Digi001/Pro
                    Tools LE.

                    It also has an ADAT Lightpipe I/O but no separate sync.

                    I would buy this card today if I only could be shure that it will
                    workout on my G4 400 Mhz, 256 MB RAM MacOs 9.01 AND Digi001/ProTools
                    LE 5.1 rig.

                    Maybe you also have a hunch on how much the PCI Bus Mastering will
                    affect already sparse Track Count and Plugin Performace.

                    I guess the working method would be to use Oasys and MIDI for
                    Recording/Composing and then when ready for mixing, record OASYS
                    tracks as audio tracks and only use it for Effects processing on a few
                    of the ADAT busses.

                    Can one limit the number of active ADAT busses if they are not used?
                    As to not consume bandwidth for no use.

                    I also saw a note on the FAW of not having DirectConnect support.
                    I think it would be of great use to integrate the Oasys power in a
                    host application with D/C.

                    Many manufactorers are today releaseing DSP plugin cards for MAS and
                    VST. Universal Audio announces support for RTAS, but nodefinite time
                    schedules. A lot of PT LE users (and maybe even TDM) would benefit
                    from accessing Oasys effects DSP inside their insert slots as well.

                    One final thing. Seing the price drops of Oasys, is this product being
                    phased out or is it just a way to increase its popularity and sales ?

                    Best Regards,

                    // Joakim W