Re: [oasys-pci] Oasys & Blue Screening

  • alkio@hkkk.fi
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
      > just doesn't like certain slots. I doubt that it would be a
      > compatibility problem with the Abit SA6R boards and the Oasys. There
      > could still be a problem with your particular board though. My system
      > has been running fine using an Asus CUSL2-C motherboard which seems to
      > be a lot like the Abit SA6R sans the IDE RAID and integrated audio.

      I have the Oasys running fine on an Abit SA6R. I also have SB Live,
      ATI Radeon AGP and a Firewire card installed. I can check my card
      order later when I get home and report.

      I do have the onboard RAID controller disabled in BIOS, though. I
      don't really know if this would have problems because of the Oasys -
      I had trouble installing my new Hard disk with the RAID controlled so
      I disabled it (and it was no use to me because I only have one hard
      disk - the other onboard controller is UDMA100 as well).

      Later...

      - Jouni
    • lax@underworld.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
        I ran scan disk and that seemed to fix most of the problems... still
        hangs with games but that seems to point to memeory...

        funny that yo umention the raid... I did switch the slot that the
        OASYS was in and it was sharing the same IRQ as the Mass Storage
        Divice... Looks like we will never know...!

        Nice MotherBoard these are huh?

        : )

        Later

      • alkio@hkkk.fi
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2001
          > I ran scan disk and that seemed to fix most of the problems... still
          > hangs with games but that seems to point to memeory...

          Good to hear.

          > funny that yo umention the raid... I did switch the slot that the
          > OASYS was in and it was sharing the same IRQ as the Mass Storage
          > Divice... Looks like we will never know...!
          >
          > Nice MotherBoard these are huh?

          Yep. I did check my card order, so here it is:
          AGP: ATI Radeon SDR 32MB
          Slot 1 (next to AGP): SB Live value
          Slot 4: Oasys
          Slot 5: Maxtor firewire card