Re: [oasys-pci] RE: OASYS 2.0

  • alkio@hkkk.fi
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2001
      > > 3ยช Can you explain a bit more the new pcm algorithms in the ver 2.0?
      >
      > Can you be more specific?

      I'll jump in and ask. It would be nice to know what kind of
      functionality (LFO's, filters, etc.) the new PCM algorithms have.
      According to the website there are 16 (!) new algorithms so there
      must be quite a lot of variety concerning complexity vs. polyphony.

      A rough list of features vs. polyphony for each algorithm would be
      interesting. Or even some examples of the algorithms.

      - Jouni
    • Norsez Orankijanan
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2001
        I didn't buy the OASYS for the PCM at all. But I have just checked out
        the PCM section in the OS 2.0 and I am very impressed. It's
        much more extensive than I thought it would be. Using PCM seems to
        save me a lot of DSP power too. The OS 2 to me is such a nice
        surprise. PCM aside, the OASYS' synth beats the hell out of my
        Cr**mw*re Modular 2 (just the sound quality, not synth architectures).
        No wonder why Korg first priced it up so high.

        norsez
      • drk@delora.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2001
          --- In oasys-pci@y..., "Norsez Orankijanan" <norsez@y...> wrote:
          > I didn't buy the OASYS for the PCM at all. But I have just
          checked out
          > the PCM section in the OS 2.0 and I am very impressed. It's
          > much more extensive than I thought it would be. Using PCM
          seems to
          > save me a lot of DSP power too. The OS 2 to me is such a nice
          > surprise. PCM aside, the OASYS' synth beats the hell out of my
          > Cr**mw*re Modular 2 (just the sound quality, not synth
          architectures).
          > No wonder why Korg first priced it up so high.
          >
          > norsez

          You weren't really surprised at the quality difference were you? :-)

          drK