test

  • Dan Phillips
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 17, 2000
      just testing...
    • joshiz@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
        please ignore.
      • harm visser
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2002
          Hi all,

          Two new MP3¹s. The first ŒFrom China with love¹, Šwell, the name says it:
          it¹s made with ethnic/eastern instruments. All the instruments are created
          by waveguide synthesis, the exciter/hammer is however a sample. It¹s a kind
          of Œcommuted¹ waveguide synthesis. The female-voice is created with
          VocalWriter.

          The second MP3 is the Oasys Waterphone. A PhM, that can play
          struck-bell/gong-sounds as well as bowed. So what you hear is done in one
          single movement, playing keys and controllers (PichWheel/ModWheel). The PW
          however does not control pitchbends, but takes account for struck/bowed
          gestures. The MW is doing the bendings and harmonic changes. This Waterphone
          is really a delicate performance-instrument.

          Here are the adresses:
          http://www.mm-pro.com/Visser/FromChinawithlove.mp3
          http://www.mm-pro.com/Visser/WaterPhone.mp3

          (soon you shall find these adresses also at www.zargmusic.com)

          Hope you like it.

          Harm Visser
        • Nick Rothwell
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
            > Two new MP3��s. The first �From China with love��,
            > �well, the name says it: it��s made with ethnic/eastern
            > instruments. All the instruments are created by waveguide
            > synthesis, the exciter/hammer is however a sample. It��s a kind
            > of �commuted�� waveguide synthesis. The female-voice is
            > created with VocalWriter.

            Well, goshdarnit, this stuff sounds lovely, and I was just about to
            buy a copy of your vocal physical model patch for the Oasys ... except
            that it's a completely separate software package... Oh well. What did
            you use for the waveguide stuff and the waterphone?

            --

            nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://www.cassiel.com
          • harm visser
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
              Hi Nick, I agree, it's pitty that VocalWriter is a separate program. I'm
              also afraid that it is a 'dead' program - so not updated anymore. One of the
              reasons is maybe, that is was advertised for singing lyrics. But therefore
              its no good enough. It's exelent however for singing vowels.

              As said in my mail, I use samples for the waveguides. They are made in
              Metasynth, which is a brilliant sound-design package.
              -Harm

              > Van: Nick Rothwell <nick@...>
              > Beantwoord: oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com
              > Datum: 5 Aug 2002 11:49:42 -0000
              > Aan: oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com
              > Onderwerp: Re: [oasys-pci] new MP3's
              >
              >> Two new MP3¹s. The first ŒFrom China with love¹,
              >> Šwell, the name says it: it¹s made with ethnic/eastern
              >> instruments. All the instruments are created by waveguide
              >> synthesis, the exciter/hammer is however a sample. It¹s a kind
              >> of Œcommuted¹ waveguide synthesis. The female-voice is
              >> created with VocalWriter.
              >
              > Well, goshdarnit, this stuff sounds lovely, and I was just about to
              > buy a copy of your vocal physical model patch for the Oasys ... except
              > that it's a completely separate software package... Oh well. What did
              > you use for the waveguide stuff and the waterphone?
              >
              > --
              >
              > nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://www.cassiel.com
              >
              > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
              >
              > Contacting Korg Technical Support
              >
              > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
              > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
              > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
              >
              > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
              >
              > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
              >
              > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
              > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
              > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
              > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
              > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
              > support questions.

            • Nick Rothwell
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
                > One of the
                > reasons is maybe, that is was advertised for singing lyrics. But therefore
                > its no good enough.

                You mean that the lyric singing didn't work properly? Somehow I'm not
                totally surprised. It did get me thinking that a voice physical model
                would be nice to have...

                > They are made in
                > Metasynth, which is a brilliant sound-design package.

                I've known about Metasynth for years but haven't got round to playing
                with it - too many toys, too little time...

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
                  Hi Nick, an other reason is maybe, that VocalWriter is 'too much' of too
                  less, It includes also a GM-lib. In stead it had be better that the creators
                  were concentrated on the singing voices.
                  BTW: Oasys have a voice physical model..., but may it can be done better...
                  -Harm

                  > Van: Nick Rothwell <nick@...>
                  > Beantwoord: oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com
                  > Datum: 5 Aug 2002 12:55:07 -0000
                  > Aan: oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com
                  > Onderwerp: Re: [oasys-pci] new MP3's
                  >
                  >> One of the
                  >> reasons is maybe, that is was advertised for singing lyrics. But therefore
                  >> its no good enough.
                  >
                  > You mean that the lyric singing didn't work properly? Somehow I'm not
                  > totally surprised. It did get me thinking that a voice physical model
                  > would be nice to have...
                  >
                  >> They are made in
                  >> Metasynth, which is a brilliant sound-design package.
                  >
                  > I've known about Metasynth for years but haven't got round to playing
                  > with it - too many toys, too little time...
                  >
                  > --
                  >
                  > nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://www.cassiel.com
                  >
                  > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                  >
                  > Contacting Korg Technical Support
                  >
                  > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
                  > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
                  > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
                  >
                  > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
                  >
                  > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
                  >
                  > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
                  > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
                  > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
                  > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
                  > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
                  > support questions.

                • Harm Visser
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 16, 2004
                    This is a test