Re: [oasys-pci] How do you control your OASYS PCI?

  • John Abram
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
      On 24 April 2013 07:27, michaelaldridge1984 <glide.pro@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering what methods of control were favoured among the community?
      > Treating the OASYS PCI system as a closed system or treating it as if it
      > were any other piece of outboard gear?

      I have mine in a G4 Mac running 9.2.2 and send midi from my i7 iMac to it
      through a Unitor8 and a MOTU MidiExpress. Still amazed at the sound this
      card puts out - my favourite filters!

      So outboard gear for me

      --
      with best wishes, John

    • Sean Purdy
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2013
        On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, John Abram said:
        > On 24 April 2013 07:27, michaelaldridge1984 <glide.pro@...> wrote:
        > > I was wondering what methods of control were favoured among the community?
        >
        > I have mine in a G4 Mac running 9.2.2 and send midi

        This (using a Midisport 2x2). I've also got a Creamware Pulsar in there
        and use ADAT lightpipe to a MOTU828 for the outputs.

        The Mac's a bit noisy though, I need to think about that.
        But it's casual use at the moment.

        Sean
      • chopstix808
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 20, 2016
          Sean, do you have the Motu connected to the same G4 that the oasys and creamware card are connected to?
        • harris_scott45
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 21, 2016
            Well I am not Sean ,  but I have been around since forever. I also use ADAT to ITOX dragons running Windows 98 SE,  word clock in from my master clock, midi in and out through a midisport 32 , the other is running on a Roland EM 2 midi interface.  The adat is connected to my Raydats.  I have one dragon setup for synths and other for efx configured as external instrument and efx in cubase 8 pro.